Android Version History
( 13 Nov 2019 )
- Remove initialization race conditions.
- Do not auto-initialize sessions, make calling
initSessiona mandatory step required of Branch SDK users (officially this was already implied).
reInitSessionwith different callbacks and start advertising it to users as the official way to handle session reinitialization in cases where activity is in foreground and is being reopened.
- Make sure carrier field does not contain an empty string, omit the field instead.
( 30 Oct 2019 )
- Removed fabric artifacts.
- Closed field gaps with TUNE SDK.
- Fixed sharing links on devices without a touchscreen.
- Configurable CDN endpoint.
- Refactored codebase to follow Android Studio project structure.
- Decoupled LifecycleObserver from main Branch.java class.
( 07 Oct 2019 )
- Support for Fire OS.
- Do not collect advertising ID when limit ad tracking is enabled.
- Reset advertising ID and limit ad tracking values every time app becomes visible.
( 26 Sep 2019 )
- Added support for Cross-Platform ID (CPID) & Last attributed touch data (LATD).
( 18 Sept 2019 )
- Added new
customer_event_aliassetter method; removed standard event type: customer_event_alias
- Added IMEI collection code option
( 09 Aug 2019 )
- Switched to using Android X from the Android Support Library
- Added new standard event type: customer_event_alias
- Implemented support for pre-install analytics
- Added the option to set a custom base URL
- Allow short link creation while privacy is enabled
- Hardware ID is now included in every request
- Cleaned up compiler warnings, and updated tools to the latest versions
- Added support for push notifications while the application is in the foreground
- Ensure that Google Aid is present in all requests
- Refactored how Debug works, including making sure all Debug messages can be turned off if not in debug mode.
- Added new standard events for parity with Tune
- Fixed a synchronization issue around the event queue saving preferences while in a synchronized block.
- Fixed a TLS1.2 issue with HttpsURLConnection on API Level 16~19 devices
- Added SDK version tag to the Android SDK to aid Google Scanning APIs
- The SDK now supports deep linking with enableForcedSession() for apps which choose to finish the Launcher Activity within onStart() method