This guide will walk you through how to send your Branch data to TrafficGuard using Branch Data Intgeration.
Branch Universal Ads provides everything you need for complete tracking.
The basic integration involves three parts:
- Integrating the SDKs and tracking in-app events
- Enabling the integration and selecting postbacks
- Creating tracking link
You need to be a TrafficGuard customer & must have set up your Properties within TrafficGuard.
To link your Branch account with TrafficGuard, you will need the following:
- Property ID (of the App you want to link)
- Organization ID
- Measurement API key
Finding Your Property ID¶
- Open the TrafficGuard Portal. 2. Go to Properties in the Side Navigation.
- Select the property you want to link with Branch MMP.
- Click on Settings or Copy the Property ID.
Finding Your Organization ID & Measurement API Key¶
- Open the TrafficGuard Portal.
- Go to Settings in the Side Navigation.
- Copy the Identifier (i.e Organization ID) and the Measurement API key.
Integrating the SDKs and tracking in-app events¶
The Branch SDKs for iOS and Android allow you to get up and running quickly.
If you haven't already integrated Branch SDK into your application, please follow our integration guide to integrate Branch SDK into your application:
Limitations with setDebug and seeing data in Branch
When integrating the SDKs, it's often useful to use setDebug to verify that your app is able to communicate with Branch servers, and is receiving deep link data. However, our upstream systems don't register test events sent using setDebug, so events will not appear in Liveview or Analytics, nor will they fire postbacks. You should disable setDebug when looking at Liveview or testing postbacks.
Enable the integration¶
- Visit the Data Integration on the Branch dashboard.
- Search for your Data Integration Partner
- Select your Data Integration Partner
- Provide the required details
Provide account credentials¶
Enter any credentials that may be required, and click Save and Enable in the bottom right hand corner.
Please ask your ad partner where you can find your credentilas.
What Branch sends to TrafficGuard¶
- Commerce Events
- Custom Events
Click the Reset All Settings button at the Account Settings tab..
A confirmation modal will appear, just click Yes, Reset Ad Partner to conform the Reset.